You can order your Faber Fire from one of the authorized Faber dealers. Click here to find a local dealer.
Can I carry out maintenance on my Faber Fire myself?
All maintenance guidelines can be found in the owner's manual.
My Faber is now working or not working properly. Where can I find help?
- Always start by checking that your fire has been connected properly to the mains and that any switches are set to 'on' when your unit is not functioning properly and/or will not turn on.
- If you are still experiencing issues, you can check whether the remote control works. Are the batteries dead? If this does not solve anything, you can contact the authorized dealer where you bought your fire regarding faults and/or maintenance.
- There may be cases where your dealer will ask you to contact the manufacturer directly. Should you need to do this, you can contact customer service by filling out the form on our website.
I can no longer contact my current dealer, who will deal with the warranty now?
- Ensure that you have registered your Faber Fire by filling out the warranty form on our website.
- For specifics about what is covered under warranty, please refer to your owners' manual.
- If you have any other questions about your warranty, please connect with customer service by filling out the form on our website.
What type of remote control do I need for my Faber Fire?
If you have lost your remote, or need to replace a damaged remote, please refer to your owner's manual to identify the remote you need for your unit.
The remote control has stopped working, what should I do?
- Always start by checking whether you need to replace the batteries in the remote control and replace them if necessary.
- Follow the instructions in the owner's manual to ensure remote is synced with the Bluetooth hub
- If you are still having issues with your remote, contact customer service by filling out the form on our website.
What cleaning product can I use to clean the windows of my fire safely and properly?
To remove fingerprints or other marks, the exterior finish can be cleaned with a damp cloth with a mild detergent. The surface should be completely dried with a lint free cloth to prevent water spots.
The flame effect on my e-Matrix is very low, why?
- The flame effect control setting may be set too low. Click the larger flame icon to increase the flame effect. Once the highest flame setting is reached, the unit will beep.
- Make sure that both transducer wires are properly connected.
- The transducer that is located in the base of the sump may be dirty or faulty. See maintenance instructions for a step-by-step procedure. If this does not correct the problem, then a new transducer would be required.
The flame effect on my e-Matrix is producing too much smoke, why?
The flame effect setting may be set too high. Click the smaller flame icon to decrease the flame effect. Once the lowest setting is reached the unit will beep.
Ensure the unit has run for 10 minutes before evaluating quality of flame.
Does my e-MatriX require any air intake?
Yes, see your owner's manual for air intake specifications.
What kind of water can be used in my e-Matrix?
The e-MatriX can be used with regular, warm (35c/95f) tap water. If you live in a region with hard water, it is recommended that you use soft, distilled, or reverse osmosis water.
Will the e-Matrix raise the humidity/add moisture into the room?
Running the e-Matrix is equivalent to adding two people to the room (approximately 300mL/hour).
Are there any steps to prevent potential health effects of water/moisture being placed into the air?
Yes, the plastic components found in the engine that come in contact with the water before, and during the misting process are designed with an anti-microbial additive to prevent the growth of bacteria; keeping the fine water mist safe, and free of any harmful bacteria.
Regular maintenance is still required. Refer to your owners' manual for cleaning specifications.
Can I mount a TV above my fireplace feature?
TV's can be mounted at any height above the e-MatriX unit. Note: Long-term tests with TV's have not been conducted.
How much does it cost to run the e-MatriX?
Using the national average of 15.21 cents for kW/hour, the e-MatriX costs approximately $0.04/hour, with the addition of water costs. Note: electricity costs will vary depending on your region.
Can I install any type of material around the unit, and will the moisture affect it?
The moisture will not affect the material you have chosen to surround your e-MatriX.
Can I install the e-MatriX outside?
No, the unit is certified for indoor use only.
What cleaning/maintenance is required?
To keep your Faber Fire in optimal working condition, we recommend a bi-weekly cleaning with soap and water of the top cover assembly, sump and transducer is recommended. Please refer to your owners' manual for detailed maintenance guidelines. Note: Do not use abrasive cleaners on the surface of the unit and do not put plastic components in a dishwasher.
Can I add scents to, or change the color of the flame effect?
The e-MatriX does not include a flame color theme option and it is not recommended that scents be added to your unit.
My e-MatriX has stopped working and the lights are blinking twice, what does this mean?
This is an indication that the unit has run out of water. If you have installed a shut-off valve on the water line for this unit. Ensure that the valve is open.
Is copper piping required for installation?
Both copper and PEX piping can be used as a main waterline supply. Please ensure that you are capable of splicing correctly into your main waterline.
1/4" flex tubing is required from the main supply line to the external control box.
Is a drain required for this unit?
No, the e-MatriX comes with all of the necessary parts to ensure that your product receives only the required amount of water.